Podere Propano is a large agricultural property that dates back to 1525 when the Marquis of Saluzzo Michele Antonio donated it to the Certosini fathers of Monbracco. In the Napoleonic era it was confiscated, as many of the ecclesiastical assets were, and subsequently passed into the hands of Dr. Sperino, senator of the Kingdom of Italy, the King’s doctor and founder of the Turin Ophthalmic Hospital. In 1918 it was bought by the current owner’s grandfather.
In 2006, for the Turin Winter Olympics, part of the building, while still maintaining the atmosphere and architecture of a typical Piedmont farmhouse, became a hotel.
The old granary, haybarn and the farm workers' quarters were converted into rooms, the stable became the reception, the cattle stalls transformed into a large area for meetings and events and the woodshed, with an attached cellar, into a meeting room.
The high roofed outbuildings used to shelter carts and agricultural machinery are now the bedrooms and reception of the adjacent Agriturismo owned by the Camisassi family.
The name of the hotel derives from the Latin Pro Pane that indicated the baking and the distribution of bread to the poor by the Certosini Fathers, when translated into the Piedmont dialect it would have become Pru Pan and then in Italian Propano.